Advance understanding of eating disorders as serious, treatable illnesses.
Unite eating disorder activists, professionals, parents/carers and those personally affected to promote worldwide knowledge of eating disorders and the need for comprehensive treatment.
Key Messages Of World Eating Disorder Action Day
- Advocating for early intervention and evidence-based treatment
- Parents/Families as key players in their children’s/loved one’s treatment and recovery
- Increased diversity in research, narratives, media, and professionals working in the field
- Break down barriers to care including among underserved populations
- Promoting that eating disorders are treatable at all ages/stages